Skip to content
Cleaning and inspection
- Fully disassemble watch, removing all cap and hole jewels and clean in a three solution agitation cleaner
- Inspect escapement assembly for wear and damage (pallet jewels, pivots and hole jewels)
- Inspect balance assembly, including pivots, and jewels for wear
- Inspect the gear train (including mainspring barrel) for wear at pivots, jewels, and bearing holes.
- Install new mainspring if neeeded
- Inspect keyless mechanism and motion work.
- Remove all cap jewels and end-stones.
- Polish jewel holes with pegwood.
- Oil and replace all cap jewels and end-stones.
- Oil all bearing holes (jeweled and non-jeweled)
- Bring regulator within 50% of either side of center
- Check balance to ensure sufficient amplitude
- Adjust regulator on timing machine
- Check positional error for extremes